Refugee Week is a global arts and culture festival that celebrates the creativity of refugees. It is held every year during the same week as World Refugee Day (June 20), although there will be events throughout June.
There will be several events taking place across Hong Kong that feature contributions from refugees. This includes film festivals, fashion shows, workshops, and plenty of arts and crafts.
Throughout June and July, you can find large murals — either created by refugee artists or telling their stories — in the Wanchai and Yau Tsim Mong districts, as well as the Charity Refugee Film Festival (HK$328.00 for a movie pass).
Here are some more events:
- June 7 (from 18:30): Fashion show on June 7 at Central Market. HK$150.00 donation.
- June 16–17 (from 19:30): Cooking class with chefs from the refugee community. HK$700.00.
- June 19–24 (9:00–17:00): Community art exhibition at Kowloon Union Church.
- June 20 (16:00–18:00): Zine workshop. Free entry.
- June 25 (12:00–20:00): Dancing, drumming, music, and a
cultural diversity fashion show at PMQ Courtyard.
Note: To get tickets or RSVP to these events, please check out the official website.