Ms. Yuki Futami, certified by the Nihoncha Instructor Association as a Japanese tea instructor, has been practicing the Japanese way of tea since 2017. She invites guests to two Matcha Tea Matching sessios on Saturday, November 21 or Saturday, November 28.
This online event aims to be a fun and interactive experience highlighting the diverse flavors of matcha green tea.
Participants can join one of the two sessions on Saturday, November 21 or Saturday, November 28:
- Session one: 11 am–12:30 pm
- Session two: 2:30 pm–4 pm
The session will comprise three parts:
- Yuki will demonstrate the key steps of preparing matcha tea.
- Participants will then taste and contrast several different types of matcha, then taste them again but with the order mixed up, trying to guess which one is which based on the aroma, taste, and aftertaste of each kind.
- Finally, participants will whisk and prepare their own bowl of matcha and enjoy it with wagashi (Japanese sweets).
Tickets can be purchased at through Eventbrite (see link below). A ticket handling fee of about HK$21 will apply at the checkout page. Each ticket includes a tasting pack (4 sachets of matcha tea powder and a tasting sheet), which will be posted to you. Each participant will need a chasen (bamboo whisk). If you would like to buy one from us (HK$100.00), you can add to the ticket at check-out.
The session will be held in English and Japanese. Yuki can speak Mandarin and can understand Cantonese reasonably well.
This event is a certified event of the “Japan Autumn Festival in Hong Kong – Rediscovering Nippon”.To prevent the spread of COVID-19, many events have been canceled. Always check official sites before heading to an event.