The Great November Feast is the perfect opportunity for travelling foodies to try all of the amazing cuisine that Hong Kong has to offer.
This month-long annual event showcases the best food and drink in the S.A.R., with a wide variety of events. You can choose from guided culinary tours, visits to markets, intros to local Cantonese grub, special menus at Michelin-starred restaurants, tastings of wine and craft beers, and lots of live entertainment.
The fun thing about the Great November Feast is not confined to one venue—instead it takes place all over Hong Kong. This also gives you the chance to visit new places, and explore culinary hubs that you might otherwise never even hear about.
Here are some of the highlights of this year’s Great November Feast:
- A Temple Street Night Foodie Tour that will have you eating like a local, with an introduction to street snacks, sweet desserts, sweet-and-sour savouries, and more
- Hong Kong Living Culture Experience is a 5-hour guided tour that combines the Star Ferry, a ride on the Hong Kong Observation Wheel and a jaunt on the Tram, with a number of food tastings all along the way
- From Lamma to the Big Screen whisks you away to scenic Lamma Island, where Chow Yun Fat grew up, offering a home visit for local treats, an island hike, and a seafood dinner
- The Guided Walk into Local Treasure starts with a Tram ride to North Point, where you’ll sample street food, visit a market, and peek in on some Cantonese opera
- Table booking app FeedMe Guru is featuring five gourmet ingredients—steak, sea urchin, truffle, lobster and oyster—at more than 30 select restaurants
- Italia Mia Week of Italian Cuisine has Hong Kong’s best Italian restaurants competing for your palate, with special menus of truly authentic food from different regions of Italy
- Sunset Cheers @ Harbour City is a cheapo’s dream, because who could turn down free samples of wine while watching the incredible view of Victoria Harbour?
The Great November Feast is the perfect opportunity to immerse yourself in a wide range of events that combine the best of Hong Kong’s unique culture and cuisine.To prevent the spread of COVID-19, many events have been canceled. Always check official sites before heading to an event.