Art Basel is one of the region’s biggest and most respected art events, bringing together established artists and new emerging talent from around the globe.
177 exhibitors from 32 countries and territories, with a good geographic balance of art from both the East and West, will join the event. Art Basel prides itself not only on its ability to attract well-known artists, but also on its commitment to providing a platform that connects Asian artists with the rest of the world.
The Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre in Wan Chai is transformed for three days into a hub of creative display, with seven sectors to explore:
- Galleries: A mix of both modern and contemporary art, including paintings, drawings, photography, sculptures, and digital artworks
- Insights: Unique curated projects from Asia, the Middle East, and India
- Discoveries: New artists get their opportunity to premiere contemporary art created especially for Art Basel
- Kabinett: Booths that display thematically-focused projects
- Encounters: A great opportunity to see large-scale sculptures and installations
- Film: Showing short films and special screenings
- Magazines: An exhibit of art publications from around the world
In addition, Art Basel hosts a Conversations program, with talks and discussions with artists, gallerists, collectors, and curators.
Art Basel ticket info
- 0.7 km from Wan Chai Island Line
- 1.0 km from Admiralty Tsuen Wan LineIsland LineSouth Island Line
- 1.1 km from Causeway Bay Island Line