Now in its seventh year in Asia, Art Basel is one of the region’s biggest and most respected art events, bringing together established artists and new emerging talent from around the globe.
The 2019 event will be showcasing works from 242 galleries, with a good geographic balance of art from both the East and West. Art Basel prides itself not only on its ability to attract well-known artists, but also on its commitment to providing a platform that connects Asian artists with the rest of the world.
The Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre in Wan Chai is transformed for three days into a hub of creative display, with seven sectors to explore:
- Galleries: A mix of both modern and contemporary art, including paintings, drawings, photography, sculptures, and digital artworks
- Insights: Unique curated projects from Asia, the Middle East, and India
- Discoveries: New artists get their opportunity to premiere contemporary art created especially for Art Basel
- Kabinett: Booths that display thematically-focused projects
- Encounters: A great opportunity to see large-scale sculptures and installations
- Film: Showing short films and special screenings
- Magazines: An exhibit of art publications from around the world
In addition, Art Basel hosts a Conversations program, with talks and discussions with artists, gallerists, collectors, and curators.
If you are attending this event with children, let them explore at the UBS Junior Art Hub, with free art programs that invite kids to create their own masterpieces.
With so much to see and experience at Art Basel, it can seem a bit overwhelming, so to get the most out of your experience, ticket holders can enjoy a free guided tour. You can book a tour online by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Art Basel ticket info
29th Mar–31st Mar, 2019
|Friday:||1:00pm – 8:00pm|
|Saturday:||1:00pm – 8:00pm|
|Sunday:||11:00am – 6:00pm|
|Venue:||Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre|
|Entry:||HK$150.00 – HK$950.00|
0.7 km from Wan Chai
1.0 km from Admiralty
1.1 km from Causeway Bay